Unexpected popup appearing on screen | Selenium Python Forum
R
Raj Posted on 02/10/2019

Hi Sejal, Riya,

There is a  unexpected popup is appearing on my project , this is kind of radom popup.

Some times in  Login screen it appears and after login also. This is kind of suery popup and after filling the 3 fileds then saying OK , it disppear.

How to handle this type of popup and can you please suggest how to write a function for this.

Note (I cant share the web url becouse it is hosted in locally )

Regards

Raj

09914040666 Replied on 19/10/2019

Is the pop up appearing based on some pattern like after x, y,z pages randomly?

Is this pop-up a must to fill up each time appears or can be closed down as soon as it appears?

based on the behaviour, on which step it appears, a logic needs to be put in place to handle it.

Try running the flow manually for a few times to understand the behaviour of the pop-up. then the code to be implemented to deal with it.

R
Raj Replied on 19/10/2019

Hi Sejal,

please see my comments inline below

1. Is the pop up appearing based on some pattern like after x, y,z pages randomly?

Yes it appears radomly @ only center of the screen , when it appers the backgroud screen will get disabled. After filling the suery fields and saying ok It disappeaars  

R

Hi Sejal,

please see my comments inline below

1. Is the pop up appearing based on some pattern like after x, y,z pages randomly?

Yes it appears radomly @ only center of the screen , when it appers the backgroud screen will get disabled. After filling the suery fields and saying ok It disappeaars  

Can you identify the pop up screen and build a logic like this

- check if the main screen is disabled

- if yes, swtich to pop

- fil in details and get done with pop up

- go back to main app flow

R

Hi Sejal ji, 

please see my comments inline below.

Yes it appears radomly at only center of the screen , when it appers the backgroud screen will get disabled. After filling the suery fields and saying ok It disappeaars

2. Is this pop-up a must to fill up each time appears or can be closed down as soon as it appears?

Yes this is a kind of survy pop up and it is mandetory to fill the suery.
Every time when i launch the driver this pop up appears at once in different pages.  There a 12 Pages in my project and randomly it appear after login ,somtimes in the 5th or 6th page and last page.

I can t able to handle this pop up , can you please look into it.

Regards

Raj

Are you able to inspect the pop-up and write selenium wbdriver code to interact with it?

As per this - Note (I cant share the web url becouse it is hosted in locally )

Since I cannot view the screen , I have shared some logical steps to handle the issue.

See if this works.